Fire Causes Extensive Damage to Thomason Residence on Forrest Avenue

November 23, 2010
by: 
Dwayne Page

Members of the Smithville Volunteer Fire Department rushed to the home of Doyle Thomason on Forrest Avenue this morning (Tuesday).

Central dispatch received the call at 7:19 a.m.

Smithville Fire Chief Charlie Parker said the occupants of the home were awakened by the smoke and escaped.

The fire apparently started in the utility room and spread to the kitchen. Chief Parker said the blaze was contained to those two rooms, but intense heat and heavy smoke caused extensive damage throughout the home.

The cause of the fire has not officially been determined but may have been electrical in nature.

The Smithville Police Department and DeKalb EMS were also on the scene. Chief Parker said Mr. Thomason suffered some smoke inhalation but did not have to be transported to the hospital.

Follow Us


facebook.jpg

News Feed
feed.png

WJLE Radio

2606 McMinnville Hwy
Smithville, TN 37166

Phone: 615 597-4265
FAX: 615 597-6025
Email: wjle@dtccom.net

Local News

6:30 A.M.
7:30 A.M.
8:55 A.M.
12:00 NOON
4:00 P.M.
9:45 P.M.

DTC Communications

Fiddlers Jamboree