The DeKalb County Volunteer Fire Department were called out Sunday morning to the residence of Edward Rollins at 1504 Old Highway 53 near Liberty.
Central dispatch received the call at 5:01 a.m.
County Fire Chief Donny Green reports that as firefighters arrived they could see smoke coming out around the eaves of the home, a single wide trailer. Neighbors believed a disabled individual might be inside, but firefighters checked and found no one there.
Chief Green said the fire apparently started in the utility room, possibly from some sort of electrical problem. The blaze was contained to that room although heat and smoke spread throughout the residence.
Members of the Liberty, Temperance Hall, Main Station, and Tanker of the county fire department responded along with DeKalb EMS and the DeKalb County Sheriff's Department. No one was injured.